1. “It is not titles that make men illustrious, but men who make titles illustrious.” -Machiavelli
2. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” -Frederick Douglass
3. “Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. Being a gentleman is a matter of choice.” -Edwin Louis Cole
4. “Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.” -Miyamoto Musashi
5. “All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.” - J.R.R. Tolkien
6. “A man does what he must — in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers, and pressures — and that is the basis of all human morality.” John F. Kennedy
image via Gladiator the movie
7. “Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answer and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
8. “It is the task of a good man to help those in misfortune.” -Sophocles
9. “How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.” – George Washington Carver
10. “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” -Jesus
10 Quotes About Men
Being a man is awesome, and sometimes a little reminder of what being a man is can help. Above are 10 quotes about men that you have to know. These, if you’re a man, are quotes to live by. Post your favorite quotes about men below in the comment section, and these quotes ladies and gentlemen.